The Siouxland Interstate Metropolitan Planning Council (SIMPCO) was engaged by the City of
Le Mars to provide a comprehensive assessment of housing needs for the City of Le Mars, Iowa.
The composition of Le Mars' existing and future housing stock is critical to the future growth and development of the city. Maintaining satisfactory neighborhoods is central to preserving the quality of life Le Mars' residents enjoy while accommodating residential growth. This report examines the dynamics of Le Mars' housing market and reviews neighborhood conditions. It also analyzes current trends and recommends policies and actions to assure the vitality of Le Mar's housing market and existing neighborhoods.
The scope of this study includes:
- An analysis of the demographic and economic data in Le Mars
- An assessment of current housing market conditions in Le Mars
- An analysis of the for-sale housing market in Le Mars
- An analysis of the rental housing market in Le Mars
- An estimate of the demand for housing in Le Mars through 2020