Tier 2 conditions arise during moderate to serious water shortages. This type of alert bans the use of watering methods and includes the implementation of odd and even irrigation.
The tier 2 alert bans:
- Filling, refilling or adding water to private swimming pools, wading pools, reflective pools, ornamental fountains or any other structure making similar use of water
- Nonessential cleaning of commercial and industrial equipment machinery and interior spaces
- Permitting the loss of water through defective plumbing or fixtures, except where the customer can provide proof or prompt repair of the defect
- Serving water by restaurants except when it is specifically requested by customer
- Use of water consuming comfort air conditioning equipment which consumes in excess of 5% of the water circulating in such equipment.
- Washing cars, trucks, trailers, boats and other mobile vehicles or equipment except at commercial establishments which provide that service
- Washing outdoor surfaces including buildings, sidewalks, driveways, patios and porches.
- Watering or irrigation and all outside vegetation except for flower and vegetable gardens, trees and shrubs less than 4 years old, and areas which were newly seeded or sodded prior to issuance of.the emergency resolution (refrain from watering between the hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)