The original Le Mars Public Library was built in 1903 with funds from industrialist-financier Andrew Carnegie. The building was dedicated in 1904 and housed 3,885 books. The library remained in the Carnegie building until August 1976. Le Mars Public Library is now located in a remodeled Red Owl supermarket purchased by the city in July 1973. The library building is located at 46 1st Street Southwest and occupies 7,694 square feet. The building was remodeled in 2017. The library is open for service daily. The library provides service to the residents of Le Mars, rural Plymouth County, and the surrounding area. The Library is an administrative agency of the City of Le Mars and is governed by the Library Board of Trustees.