The City of Le Mars contracts the hauling and disposal of residential solid waste materials in accordance with the Code of Iowa Chapter 455 and the 28E Agreement with Plymouth County. Recycling is mandatory for all residential and commercial customers please contact City Hall at 712-546-7018 if you have not received a blue recycle tote.
- The City has one (1) contracted residential hauler:
- Van’s Sanitation
- The City has three (3) licensed commercial haulers:
- Gill Hauling, Inc.
- Orange City Sanitation
- Van’s Sanitation
Solid Waste Collection Fees
- Any changes to the collection plan will be announced to the public.
- Fees for additional residential trash pick-up will be added on your city monthly billing statement.
- Fees for residential solid waste services are included on your monthly city billing statement.
- Recycling collection services are offered at no additional fee.
- Yard waste collection services are provided at an additional cost through Van’s Sanitation at 712-548-4644 or may be brought to a drop off site at the Riverview Ball Complex off Highway 3 W every Wednesday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. (from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. after November 1st) and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April through November (weather permitting). The site will be monitored by staff.
Solid Waste Containers
All residential customers are issued a city provided household waste container available in 2 sizes: 35 Gallon or 95 Gallon. Blue recycling containers are available in 95 Gallons. Please contact City Hall if you need a household waste container or a blue recycling container.
All waste containers shall remain with the residence and are numbered specifically to that address. If you are relocating please leave all waste containers at the residence, with the exception of green yard waste containers, which belong to Van’s Sanitation.